Tech Talk

Mrs Travers will use this page to post news of interest about getting the best from ICT in our school.

Today I am posting my entry into the 100 Word Challenge for Grown Ups.  The challenge for children was started by headteacher Julia Skinner and by popular request she started one for adults 16+.  It is also a way of christening our new School Blog.

Every couple of months Julia puts up a new phrase or theme for which to write a short piece of creative writing in 100 words, which I have found quite difficult to keep to. This week’s phrase is “the flip side”.

I hope you enjoy my first attempt.

Balance the Scales of Justice.

“So I like balance and harmony it’s part of my makeup, I’m a Librian”, I plead adding that I like to see the flip side of an argument or discussion; that I am often seen as sitting on the fence or being indecisive because I feel it’s important to have a balanced view.

I am shifting uncomfortably on my hard plastic chair, in a stuffy wood panelled room with 11 of my fellow jury members staring, willing me to make the decision – guilty or not guilty! It’s been 8 hours and it’s difficult when one empathises with both sides.

4 thoughts on “Tech Talk

1. WOW! I just read all the amazing things you did in Africa and can’t wait to hear all about it. Have a safe journey home my favourite blog was when the lizard went up Mr S TROUSERS!!! B-)xx

2. Oh my goodness! what a position to be in! You have used the flip side very well. I’m sure Librians are able to come to a decision eventually. It just takes them time!! Great to see your work here! Welcome!

• You found my post 🙂 Thank you for reading and commenting. It’s really exciting when you see that someone has taken the time to do just that.